100 Quotes To Live By
Some of the most profound quotes I have compiled. Enjoy!
- Be the person that someone special needs, not the person that needs someone special.
- If someone wants you, nothing can keep that person away. If he or she doesnít, nothing can make that person stay.
- Never make someone your everything because once he or she is gone, youíll have nothing.
- Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary.---Oscar Wilde
- Great love and great achievements involve great risk.---Dalai Lama
- Call her beautiful, especially when she least expects it.
- When sheís fighting with someone, defend her even when you donít think sheís right.
- An amazing relationship won't be easy to find. An easy relationship won't be amazing.
- A boy makes his girl jealous of other women. A gentleman makes other women jealous of his girl.
- A gentleman or a lady never pursues someone who is already taken.
- Treat your special someone well. Or someone else will.
- Don't have sex with crazy, stupid, or rude.
- A good man might be able to sleep with a ton of women, but only a great man will be faithful to one.
- If someone cheats with you, that person will cheat on you.
- If you wouldn't make someone a spouse, don't make that person a parent.
- Condoms are cheaper than diapers.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.---Dalai Lama
- Always following the rules won't make you anything but a slave to those rules.
- Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.---Mark Twain
- People who can resist temptation lead depressing lives.
- The question isn't who's going to let me. The question is who's going to stop me.---Ayn Rand
- Stay away from people that complicate your life.
- When someone is asking you to make a choice between two people, go with the one not making that demand.
- If you truly love someone, you want whatís best for that person. Whether that includes you or not.
- If you compromise yourself for the people surrounding you, itís time to surround yourself with different people.
- People say you've changed, that means you're not allowing that person to manipulate you anymore.
- Angry people want you to see how powerful they are. Loving people want you to see how powerful YOU are.
- Don't judge people for something they can't change.
- Nothing changes your perspective on others (and adds to your own life) like travel.
- To lead the orchestra, you have to turn your back on the crowd.
- If you have to keep wondering where you stand with someone, maybe itís time you stop standing and start walking.
- The hardest thing to say is often the best thing to say.
- Giving up on a toxic person and moving on can be mutually exclusive.
- You're successful not when everyone loves you, but when some people start to resent you.
- A true friend takes the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
- People change for two reasons: they learn enough to want to, or they've been hurt enough that they have to.
- Don't consider just the rewards; don't consider just the risks.
- Be careful to whom you give advice; the wise donít need it and the foolish donít listen.
- Take a risk. You'll either be happy or wiser.
- The first instinct is usually the correct one.
- Never take advice from someone whose life you wouldn't want.
- Make decisions by flipping a coin. You'll know what you're hoping for while it's in the air.
- Do or do not. There is no try.---Yoda
- Make things happen. Watch things happen. Wonder what happened. Pick one.
- Quitters throw in the towel. Winners use it to wipe up sweat.
- What you do every day matters more than what you do every once in a while.
- People who try to kill your dreams can't achieve those dreams themselves.
- The two most important days in your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why.---Mark Twain
- Find an excuse or find a path.
- Doing nothing with your potential is the same as not having any.
- Bad things happen to good people because they can handle it.
- If you go away during someoneís struggle, donít expect to be present during their success.
- Never tell people your troubles. Most people don't care and the rest are glad you have them.---Lou Holtz
- Never regret something that once made you smile.
- You never know how strong you are until that's the only choice you have.
- Wisdom comes from experience and experience comes from making mistakes.
- People who used to doubt you are the first ones kissing your ass.
- Making mistakes is still better than not trying.
- If you donít stand for something, youíll fall for anything.
- Never lie to someone who trusts you and never trust someone who lies to you.
- Judge a man by how he treats those who can do nothing in return.
- If you don't stick to your standards, you don't have any.
- People who demand the most contribute the least.
- Don't mess with people handling your money, your car, or your food.
- If you tell the truth, it becomes a part of your past. If you lie, it becomes a part of your future.
- Always give up your seat for someone who is elderly, pregnant, or carrying something.
- Spreading lies makes you a liar.
- The smallest act of kindness is better than the best intention.
- Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept.
- Shitty people do shitty things.
- What people say and do when they're drunk is how they feel deep down when they're sober.
- Get it in writing. Whatever it is.
- If you're on the right track, youíll get run over if you just sit there.
- Kick ass or make excuses. Pick one.
- The best things in life are the ones you worked for.
- Success comes before work only in the dictionary.
- Do what others won't, and you'll have what others won't.
- There are two ways to be rich: acquiring a lot and desiring little.
- If someone is annoying you it takes 42 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to bitch slap that motherfucker.
- Avoiding an argument prevents a solution.
- Apologizing is not degrading. It's showing that that person is more important than your ego.
- Admit it when you're wrong, and stand your ground when you're right.
- Never make decisions when you're angry, horny, tired, or hungry.
- Don't waste time justifying your actions. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it.
- Don't ask why someone hates you; ask why you care.
- People are usually more sorry to be caught than sorry to have hurt you.
- Heartless people once cared too much.
- If people love you, you're in their hearts. If they hate you, you're in their minds.
- Someone who loves you won't try to change you.
- Changing the subject in an argument means you're wrong.
- Be grateful for difficult people. They show you who you don't want to be.
- Loud threats equal weak actions.
- If someone tells you about an argument where they did nothing wrong, they're keeping information from you.
Politics & Religion
- Political correctness is the opposite of common sense.
- A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
- Fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubts.---Bertrand Russell
- Religion is like a penis. It's okay to be proud of it, but don't shove it down people's throats.
- Powerful people cannot afford to educate the people they oppress.---Dr. John Henrik Clarke
- Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.---Mark Twain
- He who cannot obey himself will be commanded.---Friedrich Nietzsche