America's Tax System As A Picnic
If America Was A Picnic With 100 People
(2009 IRS data)
By David A. Westphal
Let's be grateful for the rich. We live in the greatest country in the world thanks to their generosity and ingenuity. The rich are spending their money on taxes, hiding it in liquid assets, or hiding it overseas instead of spending it on JOBS!
- One person who makes more than $383,450 (before taxes) would bring a six-inch hoagie for everyone at the table.
- Four people who each make between $154,643 and $383,450 would bring potato salad and corn on the cob for all.
- Five people who each make between $112,124 and $154,643 would bring a brownie and a soda for all.
- Fifteen people who each make between $66,193 and $112,124 would split bringing plates, forks, cups, and napkins.
- Twenty five people who each make between $32,396 and $66,193 would chip in $4 each to the state park to reserve a spot.
- The other fifty people making under $32,396 would split the cost of one can of bug spray.
Remember, the upper 1% makes 18% of the money but pays 40% of the taxes. The Occupy Wall Street Movement is correct about one thing: the rich aren't paying their fair share.
They are in fact paying OVER DOUBLE their fair share!